[X2Go-User] X2go server "Wheezy stable branche" ?

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Jul 4 11:30:02 CEST 2012

Hi Paul,

On Mi 04 Jul 2012 10:54:33 CEST Paul van der Vlis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The last time X2go is very alive with many new versions. Nice!
>
> But sometimes new versions introduce new issues. That's a problem in
> production environments.
>
> Maybe we could indroduce a new "stable" branch, together with the coming
> Debian Wheezy, for usage in production environments?
> With only security fixes, and eventually some very little other fixes?
>
> (For me it's not really needed that the support is all the livetime of
> Wheezy. I mean, there could come a next version with at some point, but
> it's important that there is enough time to test it.)
>
> With regards,
> Paul van der Vlis.

Normally with X2Go, there are major releases (with a Codename). This
has not been there for a long time. The only thing that is currently
missing is the installer/xpi engine of x2goplugin.

I consider it a good idea to be in sync with the wheezy release, so we
may have that major version available in May 2013? (Wheezy will be
around Feb 2013, it will need some time to fully adapt X2Go to the
state of the art after the wheezy release).

Greets,

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B