[X2go-User] Problem with xfreerdp ( any version )

Helmer Teles helmer.teles at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 21:56:07 CET 2012

> We added Xinerama support to x2goagent/nxagent. It feels as if this
> fails with xfreerdp.
>
> With the latest version of x2goclient (nightly builds) you can
> enable/disable the xinerama feature in the session profile (near the
> other display settings like full screen, dpi, etc.). You also have to
> install latest NX (aka x2goagent) on the server for this to work.
> Could you check if disabling xinerama support in the session profile
> will ship around your problem? If xinerama is already disabled in your
> session profile, please test nonetheless. Before the option was
> introduced (yesterday), it was enabled by default and not shown in the
> session profile manager.
>
> Mike

Hello Mike & all.

I've managed to test the required setup you have asked with one pitfall - i've
updated both the server ( ubuntu oneiric ) and the client ( my laptop ) to the
nigthly ppa, but on the client i'm running kubuntu precise fully updated.
Both with xinerama ticked & not ticked gave me the same error.

X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attribut
  Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)
  Serial number of failed request:  31

These are my package information at oneiric server ( x2server for the test )

cups-x2go3.0.0.4-0~56~oneiric1
libnx-x112:3.5.0.9-0~178~oneiric1
libxcomp32:3.5.0.9-0~178~oneiric1
libxcompext32:3.5.0.9-0~178~oneiric1
libxcompshad32:3.5.0.9-0~178~oneiric1
nxagent2:3.5.0.9-0~178~oneiric1
nxproxy2:3.5.0.9-0~178~oneiric1
x2goagent2:3.5.0.9-0~178~oneiric1
x2goclient3.99.0.6-0~143~oneiric1
x2goplugin3.99.0.6-0~143~oneiric1
x2goserver3.0.99.10-0~429~oneiric1
x2goserver-compat3.0.99.10-0~429~oneiric1
x2goserver-extensions3.0.99.10-0~429~oneiric1
x2goserver-printing3.0.99.10-0~429~oneiric1

These are my package information at precise laptop ( x2goclient for the test )

cups-x2go3.0.0.4-0~56~precise1
libnx-x112:3.5.0.9-0~178~precise1
libxcomp32:3.5.0.9-0~178~precise1
libxcompext32:3.5.0.9-0~178~precise1
libxcompshad32:3.5.0.9-0~178~precise1
lynx2.8.8dev.9-2
lynx-cur2.8.8dev.9-2
nxagent2:3.5.0.9-0~178~precise1
nxclient3.5.0-7
nxproxy2:3.5.0.9-0~178~precise1
x2goagent2:3.5.0.9-0~178~precise1
x2goclient3.99.0.6-0~143~precise1
x2goserver3.0.99.10-0~429~precise1
x2goserver-extensions3.0.99.10-0~429~precise1

regards,
Helmer