[X2go-User] Sound issues in new release

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Mon Jan 23 17:37:11 CET 2012

Hi, Frank.

On Sat, 2012-01-21 at 18:53 +0000, Frank Schlingmann wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I hope this is the right place for my problem as I have started with
> x2go only e few weeks ago and could not find many resources. I did a
> test two weeks ago and sound was working well. Now I made a new
> installation and encountered two problems compared to my last
> installation:
> - when I login remotely there is now start-sound
Did you mean there is no start sound or that there now is start sound?
> - when I use flash (e.g. browser) I can only hear sound in the left
> speaker.
>
> My client is a WinXP and the server is running ubuntu 11.10 in a
> virtual box. In my first test (two weeks ago) I heard the start-sound
> when I logged in remotely. I am not quite sure about stereo but I
> think both channels worked also. Now I made a fresh install of x2go on
> the server today and faced the problems mentioned above. I made an
> upgrade on the client from 3.99.0.3 to 3.99.0.4 with no changes, the
> problems persist. Did I miss something?

<snip>
The stereo issues is strange and I can't imagine how that is X2Go
related.  Do you have the same "mono" problem with other applications,
e.g., playing the same video in VLC or mplayer? If so, it may be a
pulseaudio configuration issue.  If not, it may be a flash/browser
configuration issue - John