[X2go-User] Why doesn't x2go support ecdsa certificates?

Joe Millenbach jmillenbach at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 05:57:06 CET 2012

I was attempting to use x2go for the first time and ran into the issue
where I already had made an existing connection to my target machine using
a current OpenSSH connection.  This creates the existing default ecdsa
certificate in the known_hosts file and somehow breaks x2go.  I found a few
posts on how to fix this at
http://john.wesorick.com/2011/11/issues-installing-x2go.html and
https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/x2go-user/2011-October/000448.html, but
my question is why doesn't x2go support any certificate type that the
underlying SSH client supports?  Or why can't it just request the other
type of connection and then offer to store the new key?

Also I didn't see a bug section on your website so I'm not sure who best to
send this to, but the related error dialog needs some clean up.  The title
has "Authentification" which I've never heard of before.  I'd assume it
should be "Authentication".  And the text inside the dialog has a number of
spaces missing that make it look odd.  Some that should be between words,
and others between words and punctuation.  If I knew where to look I'd be
happy to edit the source file and pass along the fixed version to someone
who knew how to submit it properly.

Thanks for your time,
Joe