[X2go-User] Suspend and Resume in 1 click (was: Terminate and resume in 1 click ?)

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Jan 4 23:09:36 CET 2012

Hi Jean,

On Mi 04 Jan 2012 16:02:39 CET Jean Gottschalk wrote:

> I have been using X2go for a few weeks now, and it works really well. In my
> application, users keep a session open indefinitely, and carry it from one
> terminal to another. When doing this, the session is usually still open on
> a previous terminal, so when taking the session to a new terminal, the user
> has to first click the terminate button, then the resume button.

Here you mean (in our terminologyy): suspend and then resume... (not
terminate).

> Wouldn't it be more straightforward to include a terminate operation in the
> resume button, so that one can resume a session in one click, without
> clicking the terminate button first, and the client will terminate the
> session if necessary before resuming it? This is how NXclient works (which
> I used before).
> Is there perhaps already a way to do this by modifying a command line
> argument or a script somewhere?

This feature is available in the systray applet PyHoca-GUI, but not
(yet?) in x2goclient.

I'll cross-post to x2go-dev to make sure x2goclient developers notice
your request.

Greets,

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B