[X2go-User] Suggestion - x2go Community & Core-Dev's should set a date for a Week of Wiki updating/cleanup

Terje Andersen teranders at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 22:56:41 CET 2012

Hi Brian,

Den 19. feb. 2012 17:17, skrev brian mullan:
> I wanted to make a suggestion to the x2go Community.
>
> Everyone knows how fast and how much x2go has been changing in regards
> to features, capabilities, etc.
>
> Like most projects Documentation is hard to keep up with but to keep
> growing the x2go Community as fast in the future as it has in the past
> year or so I'd like to suggest the date for a week of focused x2go
> Wiki updating/cleanup.
>
> For success - it would take the commitment of both the x2go Community
> & the Core-Devs and some planning.    By that I mean try to come up
> with ways to impact the core-dev team the least but maximize their
> knowledge of x2go config, install, operation & troubleshooting so the
> Community people can do the actual editing of the Wiki.
>
> Ideas:
>
>   * identify & input any missing information
>   * all the FIX ME place-holders should be addressed
>   * incorrect or out of date information should be updated or removed
>   * add any new information that just hasn't found time to be posted yet

I think this is a good idea and I would be willing to help out, but for
people like me to able to help out I guess I would need a list of
subjects in advance, that way I could research my allocated subjects
first. I'm fairly new to X2Go; my experience is with FreeNX so I need to
learn X2Go better before writing anything :-)

I'll see if I can find some time to identify some subjects that either
needs updating or new documentation, but where should I place this list?
Could you start a wiki page Brian, where we could collaborate on the
subjects?

Regards,
Terje