[X2go-User] updated x2go on my ubuntu 11.10 system and it now fails

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Fri Feb 17 14:37:26 CET 2012

Op 17-02-12 13:51, brian mullan schreef:
> Mike
>
> PyHoca was also updated and now it won't load and gives me a message:
>
> /*pyhoca-gui[9111] (PyHoca-GUI) WARN: the current release of PyHoca-GUI
> does not support client configuration*
> /
> It did work before I updated this week.
>
> To update I used the Ubuntu repository info from the x2go-wiki:
>
> http://wiki.x2go.org/wiki:x2go-repository-ubuntu
>
> $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:x2go/stable
> $ sudo apt-get update
>
> The x2goclient version is *3.99.0.6-0-144-oneiric*
>
> As I'd mentioned my laptop hasn't been updated and it still connects
> fine with both x2goclient & pyhoca to the same server AND
> on my desktop which was updated I CAN successfully connect to the server
> using just SSH.
>
> I tried to find some troubleshooting guide on the wiki that would at
> least point to where log files might be but couldn't find anything.
> If there are some troubleshooting steps posted somewhere for x2go I'll
> use them to see if I can figure out what's going on.
>
> thanks.   I have seen doing google searches that there are several posts
> in the past of people using x2go that are posting the same error message.
> Never saw anyone post an answer to those inquiries suggesting how or if
> they fixed it.
>
> Here are some of the other people that have posted the same error
> message with their x2go (although not all are ubuntu based)   From the
> dates on these posts
> though I don't think they were using the same version of x2go ??
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.terminal-server.x2go.user/301
>
> I have already tried the same steps Paul van der Vlis tried in the above
> post dated in November 2011.
>
>     * purging x2goclient from system & reinstalling
>     * tried connecting to a different x2goserver and it did not succeed
>       (whereas Paul's did)
>
> I _can_ reach both of my x2go servers with ssh from this client and I
> can reach BOTH of them from my laptop with the older x2goclient and pyhoca.
>
> Here is another post of the same error.
>
> https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/x2go-user/2011-September/000364.html
>
> thanks for any info or hints to troubleshoot this!    I'll cc Paul on
> this to see if he ever uncovered the cause as his post was a couple
> months ago.

I have this problem on 2 older machines, and not on other machines.
I have tried much to get rit of this problem, but with no success.

Interesting is that I can use pyhoca-gui without problems where
X2goclient failes. But the last time I've tried this I had a problem
with Pyhoca-gui: the keyboard did not work fine over the session. It did
work, but often there where key-presses missing.  Over another direct
SSH connection typing was no problem.

With regards,
Paul.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl