[X2go-User] x2goagent listening on public interface - how to make it listen on 127.0.0.1 only?

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Feb 15 21:06:51 CET 2012

Hi Bughunter,

On Mi 08 Feb 2012 22:35:55 CET BUGHUNTER wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am testing x2go - looks like a very good alterative to other
> solutions!
>
> However, I see that (only) when I am logged in via x2goclient I have
> an x2goagent process listening on all network interfaces on port 6050
> - I would feel better if this software did only listen on 127.0.0.1,
> if this is technically possible.
>
> I did not found any hint on a "listen 127.0.0.1" configuration item
> and where to put it, if existing - how can I make x2goagent NOT listen
> on a public network interface?
>
> Thanks for your attention,
> Bughunter

Thanks for bringing this up!

I had a discussion with another of the developers (Alex) and we do not
know either, if there is a NX-builtin solution for just listening on
the localhost IP socket.

Our current recommendation is to use iptables, which you have to use
anyway, if your system runs in the public space somewhere.

Greets,

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B