[X2go-User] Using x2go with on Ubuntu Server with Encrypted Home Folders

senrabdet at aol.com senrabdet at aol.com
Fri Feb 3 13:43:20 CET 2012

Hi All:

We are trying to use x2go connected to a Ubuntu server "desktop user" account where we have encrypted the Home folder for that user.  We can connect just fine, though we go through a couple of error screens we get to one where we can enter a password.  We enter the user password and get in just fine.

Q:  is there a way to get directly to that log in screen and/or store the password locally so we can use the icon on the desktop feature?

- There is an option/checkbox to "Try auto login (ssh-agent or default ssh key)" but we think that's not the answer.

- Given that we can log in, we assume this isn't about using ssh keys with passwords, that the password in question is the user account/login one that is related to the encrypted Home folder.

We searched through the user and dev archives, and apologize if this is already answered.

Thanks!