[X2Go-User] Problem with KDE, Network Manager and X2Go

Daniel Lindgren bd.dali at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 19:18:15 CET 2012

Hi all,

I've installed a Debian Wheezy virtual machine (KVM) with KDE.

If I log on using the console, I can use Network Manager to succesfully add
a VPN connection.

If I log on to the same machine via X2Go, I can't add a new VPN connection
(and the one added from the console session isn't there). When I try to
save it I get "No session found for uid 1000".

I've spent hours googling and there seems to be a problem with dbus and/or
ConsoleKit. If I use the console to logon, KDM does something that makes
Network Manager/dbus/ConsoleKit happy, if I use X2Go that "something" is
missing.

KWallet may also be a factor, when I'm logged on to the console it pops up
at the same step that I get the error message in X2Go.

Is there any X2Go user out there that has a solution to this problem?

Cheers,
Daniel