[X2Go-User] Q: Command Field in GUI & Way to use SSH config file?

Terje Andersen teranders at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 16:58:06 CET 2012

Den 03. des. 2012 14:03, skrev senrabdet at aol.com:

> Hi All:
>
> We had a couple of quick questions:
>
> 1)  Command Field in GUI:
> In the x2go GUI there is a "Command:" field.  What is this for?  It
> does not seem to be accessible if Gnome or KDE are selected.

This is for running WM's (Window Managers) that are not available,
meaning; not preconfigured, in the X2Go Client. For instance, there
isn't a choice in the X2Go Client for the WM "Enlightenment" and for
such WM's the user can provide the start script for this "Enlightenment" WM.

> 2)  Config File
> Does x2go use the ssh config file?  If not, is there a way to get it
> to do so?

No, the X2Go client uses libssh as far as I know. I'm not sure, but
maybe Pyhoca-GUI would have such an option?

> We're looking for a way to pass parameters like we might do with ssh
> from the command line.

I'm sorry, I'm not too familiar with the command line options for X2Go,
maybe someone else who are more knowledgeable can provide an answer to
this. (There is also a command line version of Pyhoca, maybe you should
look into that one)

Regards,
Terje