[X2Go-User] PyHoca on Windows 7 "crashes" when connecting to x2goserver on Ubuntu 12.04

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Aug 14 16:13:06 CEST 2012

Hi Lukas,

sorry for replying so late to your post... Thanks for trying out
PyHoca-GUI as an alternate X2Go client application.

On Fr 03 Aug 2012 18:35:26 CEST Lukas Laukamp wrote:

> I have a very strange problem with PyHoca GUI on Windows 7. So I
> have a few Ubuntu VM Hosts (KVM). On this hosts I have installed a
> few VMs with Ubuntu 12.04 desktop and installed the x2goserver,
> x2gognomebindings, x2goserver-pyhoca and x2goserver-xsession from
> the X2Go stable PPA.
>
> I want to use PyHoca GUI on a Windows Box at work. But the problem
> now is that PyHoca "crashes" when I try to start a session on the
> server (session start command is /usr/bin/gnome-session-fallback).

Please use GNOME here from the session type menu. No need to launch
gnome-session-fallback. This is handled within the server scripts
internally.

> PyHoca don't open up a session window. I produces very crude output
> so there are much litle windows with the title VcXSrv X and on the
> top of the display there is a small line with a black line. The line
> was also colored a few times.

There should be a session profile option that allows to run a command
in desktop or in rootless mode. It can be found on the session tab. It
say: ,,Integrate remote application(s) into local desktop (rootless
mode)''. Make sure this option is not enable if sticking to
gnome-session-fallback as command.

Also make sure that X2Go does not support full path commands. The path
is stripped off from the executable and then the executable has to be
available in the system's PATH env.

> I don't know why this is happening. Is this a bug in PyHoca? The
> normal X2Go client is able to start up a session correctly but I
> want to use multiple session at the same time from different
> x2goservers and only PyHoca gives me this ability.
>
> Would be great when someone could help me out. Also I wan't to say
> that X2Go is one of the best open source projects which is doing a
> great work. Thanks for that.

Hope the above is of some help,

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31