[X2Go-User] x2gothinclient performance

Michael Hierweck team at edv-serviceteam.net
Sat Aug 4 19:48:35 CEST 2012

Hi x2go users,

I'm trying out x2go in thin client mode on more recent hardware (ZOTAC
ZBOX, AMD E-350, 2 GB RAM).

I experience both bad performance and high CPU load the client side,
even worse than on my legacy Intel P III 1 GHz systems some time ago.

Notable the x2goclient process consumes about 30% CPU time (one of tow
cores) whenever a session is active - even a simple terminal (single
application -> terminal) waiting for input.

Which options are recommended for local (1 GBit LAN) usage?

Thanks in advance. Any hints are appreciated.

Michael Hierweck

--
EDV-Serviceteam Annika & Michael Hierweck GbR
Egerstraße 53, 44225 Dortmund (Germany)