[X2Go-User] ubuntu 12.04 and x2go server installation - found reason for failed remote desktop session starts

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sun Apr 29 00:35:30 CEST 2012

Hi Brian,

On Mi 25 Apr 2012 00:01:16 CEST brian mullan wrote:

> then edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config and enable ChallengeResponseAuthentication
> to YES
>
> *ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes*

I cannot confirm that this setting change in sshd_config is necessary.
I just tested Ubuntu precise with X2Go and server logins were
successful with x2goclient and pyhoca-gui without the above change
being applied.

Please check your setup again and remove the part in the wiki that
suggests the above named change. Or explain in more detail why you
think this is necessary. Let's track this down fully, so we get a
clearer sight on what is happening here.

> On the server you now also must install x2goserver-xsession
> *
> sudo apt-get install x2goserver-xsession*

Thanks for reporting this. This indeed may have been a bug in
x2goruncommand. My patch is currently being discussed on the x2go-dev
ML:
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=commitdiff;h=c13ffe1cb2c39edfacab52bc62e278469da19c9e

With the given patch applied, the x2goserver-xsession package becomes
optional again. Packages for testing will be available in the
nightly-builds soon.

So basically, I think, we should remove this part from the wiki again,
as well. But before doing that, we have to wait for acceptance of my
patch by the other developers.

Greets,

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B