[X2Go-User] Ubuntu Unity errors (11.10 and 12.04 beta 1)

Jan Wagner waja at gmx.de
Tue Apr 17 21:19:26 CEST 2012

Hi there,

christoffer krakou <christoffer at ...> writes:
> I'm using x2go, and so far i'm loving it. there is one thing, though,
> that iffs me. When i'm using unity on ubuntu, the top global menu bar
> dosnt work like it does locally. On my local install, i can click the
> menu items, no problem. On the x2go session, i need to click and hold
> down the mouse button before i can use the menus, "letting go" when i
> activate a menu entry. Does anyone have any experience with this?

while we are at ubuntu 12.04 and unity. To start unity-2d in the past I used as
desktop environment "gnome-session --session=ubuntu-2d".
Since the upgrade to 12.04 the launcher panel is missing when connecting via
x2go (see https://imgur.com/aJXpS), when starting unitiy-2d via lightdm, the
panel is there. This happens on 2 x2go server...

Any ideas?

Many thanks, Jan.