[X2Go-User] x2go and vnc interconnection

x2go at karel.tt.ee x2go at karel.tt.ee
Tue Apr 3 12:44:54 CEST 2012

Hello! I am new x2go user. I have one virtual Ubuntu installation (12.04,
Gnome) where I have set up x2go server running and I can connect remotly
(from other linux or windows desktop systems), have working audio etc, and
all this is independent. But also I would like to use any kind of vnc as
backup in case where it is not possible to install/use x2go client
(ofcourse it is slower, no audio etc) to get and use the same already
running x2go session. The best I can with x11vnc is original desktop of
this virtual installation but where is nobody logged in most of time. Or
with vnc4server I can get a new independent desktop (third one). Does
anyone tried and got success in such combination of vnc and x2go virtual
sessions?
 There is also desktop sharing feature in Gnome menu and once activated I
can get exactly what I want, but this vnc connection will almost freeze
(no more than 2 actions can be done in one minute) after I disconnect my
x2go client. Everything is running again after x2go client is
reconnected.
 Yes, I understand, this is vnc related as well as x2go question but...