[X2go-User] Crashing sessions

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Sep 27 12:07:45 CEST 2011

Hi Paul,

On Di 27 Sep 2011 11:19:29 CEST Paul van der Vlis wrote:

> Op 26-09-11 22:31, Paul van der Vlis schreef:
>> Op 20-09-11 18:19, Paul van der Vlis schreef:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've seen the last time session problems. Sometimes, most of the time
>>> when closing a full-screen window, the whole session is gone. I've seen
>>> this with both x2goclient and Pyhoca-GUI, but I cannot reproduce it.
>>>
>>> I know this problem from FreeNX, it's one of the reasons I switched to
>>> X2go. I think it's something in the NX libraries.
>>>
>>> Maybe it has something to do with new NX libraries?
>>>
>>> Are here more people with this issue?
>>>
>>> Is here somebody who knows more about this issue?
>>
>> I've tested with my client (Pyhoca 1.0.8) on Mike's test environment
>> (Heuler), and I did not see any crash.
>
> I've tested now on the server of a customer with Heuler packages, but I
> still see crashes there. I've checked the packages, the machine is using
> the same packages as Mike's machine. But it's an older 32-bit machine,
> Mike's machine is a 64 bit machine.

The component that crashes (x2goagent) does not log to syslog. So
there is nothing to expect there.

And: can people confirm that the problem occurs more on 32bit arch
than on 63bit arch??? That indeed would be a straw to hold on and
start with.

Furthermore, my test machine is a KVM virtual machine. Maybe that
provides clues or ideas, as well.

Thanks,

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B