[X2go-User] Crashing sessions

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Sep 20 20:23:27 CEST 2011

Hi Ivan, Paul,

On Di 20 Sep 2011 18:53:56 CEST Ivan Kabaivanov wrote:

> On Tuesday 20 September 2011 18:19:27 Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>> I've seen the last time session problems. Sometimes, most of the time
>> when closing a full-screen window, the whole session is gone. I've seen
>> this with both x2goclient and Pyhoca-GUI, but I cannot reproduce it.

>> [...]

>> Are here more people with this issue?
>

> yeah, I see this quite often and not only when closing maximized windows.
> Sometimes closing any window would close the entire session.  Don't
> have a way
> to reproduce it reliably, though.

if such crashes occur, try to keep record of the applications that run
within the session. I, for example, have xscreensaver with LXDE
running. Some of the screen savers make the session window crash. The
crashes might relate to faulty rendering commands in the X protocol.
Though it's just a guess.

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B