[X2go-User] Single applications client fail to start up

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Oct 27 10:08:16 CEST 2011

Hi Menno,

On Do 27 Okt 2011 07:42:58 CEST MyCloud Service & Computers wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Both on server and client I use
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/x2go/ppa/ubuntu oneiric main
>
> Normal full desktops clients running fine but all single applications
> fail to run. The connection is build up but the client window will not
> show up.
> Pyhoca-gui always fail to start the window both desktops and single
> applications (the connection builds up and is running)
>
> What can be the problem? looking at my previous mentioned problem, is
> the oneiric version running OK? for people at all? or is it my
> instalation?

Do you test with two separate machines? One server, one client? Or do
you test to localhost? The latter is not supported.

If you have two machines, do both machines have the same OS/version?

I use Debian squeeze, Ubuntu lucid as client, as a server I have a
Debian sid machine (that should be similar to oneiric) and that works
fine.

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B