[X2go-User] Crashing X2go sessions (was Re: [X2go-Dev] x2gobasepath and Debian Lenny)

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Oct 6 22:39:19 CEST 2011

Hi Milan,

On Do 06 Okt 2011 22:11:14 CEST Milan Knížek wrote:

> V Tue, 04 Oct 2011 11:14:59 +0200
> Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> napsáno:
>
>> Hi all,
>
> Hi Mike,
>
>> Alex has just provided a new x2goagent version (3.5.0.5) in X2go
>> Git. This new version is based on
>>
>>      nx-X11-3.5.0-2
>>      nxagent-3.5.0-5
>>      nxauth-3.5.0-1
>>
>> and we hope it fixes the problem of irregularly crashing sessions.
>
> For us, non-debian-based users, can you please point to the location
> where the releases are placed nowadays? (I know I could use git, though
> at the moment I prefer tarballs.)

the location for tarballs is / shall be:

http://code.x2go.org/releases/source

> and yes, I am a bit confused ;-). The last link seems to show quite
> new releases, though not x2goagent 3.5.0.5.

x2goagent 3.5.0.5 ist not yet released. We (Reinhard, Alex, Mike) are
currently working under high pressure on a build problem in x2goagent.
x2goagent and all nx libs have to be built against nx-X11, not Xorg of
the distribution NX is build against.

So, currently, we have to ask for your patience regarding a
non-crashing x2goagent. We already have a test x2goagent at hand that
does not crash, but we have to adapt our package build structure for
that. This is work in progress with highest prio.

Thanks,

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B