[X2go-User] no session resume

Benjamin Shadwick benshadwick at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 22:33:25 CET 2011

Ralph,

Sorry about that, I screwed up my instructions because I was doing it from
memory. Here's the proper command (I put too many slashes in before), and
you will also need to run it twice in a row because sed apparently only
replaces one instance per line:

sudo sed -i 's/allow_active/allow_any/' /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/*.policy

Again, you will want to make a backup copy of the *.policy files (if you
haven't already) before doing this. It should not be necessary to reboot,
but you may need to close and re-open any applications you are having
trouble with that are running at the time that you do the fix.

Also, the issue has unfortunately not been fixed (at least not in most
cases) because it affects many different applications that plug into
PolicyKit. I just did a grep and found many instances of "allow_active"
instead of "allow_any" in the policy files.

- Ben S.