[X2go-User] Support for extra mouse buttons?

Benjamin Shadwick benshadwick at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 16:47:36 CET 2011

Hello.

I have a mouse with 5 buttons (left, right, wheel click, and two thumb
buttons) and a scroll wheel on my Windows machine that runs x2goclient
v3.99.0.1 under Windows 7 Pro x64, and I use it to connect to a Xubuntu
11.10 x64 machine running x2goserver 3.0.99.7-0~352~oneiric1 from the x2go
stable PPA.

I noticed that the 3 main buttons and scroll wheel work fine, but the two
thumb buttons seem to do nothing. When I use Xubuntu locally on my laptop
with a 5-button mouse, the thumb buttons act like the back/forward buttons
in Firefox, but they do nothing in Firefox on my headless workstation over
x2go.

I've noticed that most VNC software on any platform(s) suffers from this as
well, while RDP usually supports those extra buttons.

Is there a hack that I can employ to get this working, or (even better)
could x2go possibly be enhanced to support this by default?

Thanks,
- Ben S.