[X2go-user] X2go-user Digest, Vol 9, Issue 15

brian mullan bmullan.mail at gmail.com
Sat May 28 17:52:01 CEST 2011

John

I've done this quite a bit and have not seen this problem

x2go client on ubuntu --(a)--- AWS EC2 Ubuntu desktop ---(b)--- AWS EC2
Windows 2003 serverl

   - link (a) is 15 Mbs cable connection
   - link (b) is 10Gbps ethernet

A few thoughts I'd have are:

   - is only RDP affected?
      - From x2go client can you log into the x2go server and do an extended
      PING (say 20 iterations or so) to the Windows Server to see if PING's
      response time is changing?
   - are you sure there are no network issues on the link btwn the x2go
   server to the windows server?  as it sounds like the VPN test went directly
   to the Windows server leaving out the link between the x2go server and
   Windows Server
   - Are you able to log directly into the x2go server ...not using x2go ...
   and run rdesktop directly to the window server just to see if RDP is having
   a problem over that link?

Brian