[X2go-user] Ubuntu 10.04 only black screen

Vadim Bulst vadim.bulst at bbz.uni-leipzig.de
Fri May 20 09:17:40 CEST 2011

Hi John,

I followed your suggestions.

(1) sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

changed to bash

root at cln05:~# ls -al /bin/sh
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 2011-05-20 07:41 /bin/sh -> bash

Be the way - the default login shell of the user is /usr/bin/tcsh

So - no luck at all !

(2) I changed the default user shell to /bin/bash

And I was able to log in.

Now - first of all I'm happy to get it working. But the default login shell of my users is tcsh and
all their scientific scripts are based on tcsh. So they won't change to /bin/bash.

I would be pleased - if somebody shows me a work around.

Cheers,

Vadim

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Vadim Bulst
Systemadministrator BBZ

Biotechnologisch-Biomedizinisches Zentrum
Universität Leipzig
Deutscher Platz 5, 04103 Leipzig
Tel.: 0341 97 - 31 307
Fax : 0341 97 - 31 309