[X2go-user] Ubuntu Natty X2go client

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Jun 7 22:41:22 CEST 2011

Hi Neil,

On Di 07 Jun 2011 19:26:18 CEST Neil Hunt wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I am using Unity. I switched to GNOME classic and the icon appeared on the
> taskbar. Of course, the X2go session, once connected still didn't show up in
> a window, just as I had mentioned in 10.10, but it did say connection
> successful.
>
> When I switched over to Unity, however, since Unity doesn't include the
> system tray, there is no icon. I tried the extension "Confity" to enable the
> system tray, however it still did not show anything for the Py Hoca icon. I
> believe there's a different way to manage notifications in Unity than the
> applets/sys tray icons in GNOME so we may have to look at that if we want to
> use Py Hoca going forward on Ubuntu. I was able to get the GTK client to run
> in Unity though, so that's what I'm using now.

Could I delegate this task to you? It would be gourgeous if you could
find out how the info tray is handled in Unity...

PyHoca-GUI uses wxPython 2.8.1 which bases on GTK2+ (I think). There
should be other appications having the same issue. And there probably
is a solution for all of these...

Let me know if you accept the task ;-), otherwise I have to put your
issue on my (long) todo list.

Greetings,
mike

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B