[X2go-User] Eliptical SSH keys and X2go client (was Re: Autolaunching)

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sun Jul 31 10:36:34 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am cross-posting this x2go-user thread to x2go-dev as it seems that
there is a SSH problem when eliptical curve keys are used...

On Sa 30 Jul 2011 23:23:40 CEST CACook at quantum-sci.com wrote:

> OK it seems clear that this is a bug with the client.
>
> It does not recognize the new eliptical curve keys.

x2goclient uses the system's SSH library (libssh). Could you check the
version you have installed on your system? I would be good if you
could compose a complete bug report (what did you do, what did you
expect, what happened, what systems and versions did you use, etc.),
so that the devs have a cook recipe to reproduce your issues.

Could you also test your pub/priv key pair with pyhoca-gui? It uses an
SSH implementation called Python Paramiko and it is a complete rewrite
of libssh-stuff in Python. I suppose it neither supports those keys
but it would be good to know for certain.

Thanks for staying on this!!!

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B