[X2go-User] x2gousers is missing? (SOLVED)

Patrick Willam p.willam at gmx.de
Sat Jul 30 00:32:24 CEST 2011

Mike Gabriel wrote:

> On Mi 27 Jul 2011 23:49:44 CEST Patrick Willam wrote:
>>
>> After installing X2go on my main machine (details: see below) i wanted to
>> use it, of course. But when trying to start a session via x2goclient i
>> get no further than while connecting an error dialog appears with this
>> messeage:
>> "Please install this program as SUID x2gouser!"

Now i see...
I read this as "Please install this program as SUID: x2gouser!", but it is
to be read as "Please make sure that the file of *this* executable
(x2goclient) has the SUID-bit set and the user set to 'x2gouser'!"

Is it of any value to rephrase that error-message in the "main" version?
...Or will Heuler replace "main" very soonish anyway?

> If you install on wheezy, please make sure to use the current nightly
> builds, as they have a fix for this perl-suid dependency problem:
>
> deb http://packages.x2go.org/debian wheezy heuler
>
> Then do
>
> apt-get update
> apt-get install x2go-keyring
> apt-get update
> apt-get x2goserver

I did "aptitude purge (...x2go-related-packages...)" and after changing
"main" to "heuler" installed the packages again.

All went very well. Now i have a working X2go. Thanks a lot! :-D

> The group x2gousers is obsolete with the new x2goserver version. So
> currently, every user who can SSH to an X2go server can obtain an X2go
> session.

All "x2go...."-groups were automatically deleted at purging. Convenient. :-)

Best wishes,
Patrick