[X2go-User] Autolaunching

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sat Jul 23 15:19:53 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Sa 23 Jul 2011 01:22:43 CEST  wrote:

> On Friday 22 July, 2011 15:57:19 Mike Gabriel wrote:
>> Use this one instead for x2goserver:
>>
>> deb http://packages.x2go.org/debian squeeze heuler
>
> OK that worked.  Why?  What difference does that make?  Is that a dev's name?

deb http://packages.x2go.org/debian squeeze main

is code that could be considered as more reliable...

deb http://packages.x2go.org/debian squeeze heuler

Contains nightly built packages from git.x2go.org. ,,Heuler'' is the
German word of a puppy seal (the X2go mascot).

> I do get a segfault saying,

There is no segfault below...

> ONMainWindow constructor
>
> Can't load translator (:/x2goclient_en_us) !
>
> Can't load translator  :/qt_en_US
> ONMainWindows constructor finished, home Directory is: "/home/bill"
>
> read  2  sessions from config file
> Have key, starting session
>
> start new ssh connection
>
> setting SSH DIR to  "/home/bill/ssh"
> "Authentication failed"  -  "Access denied. Authentication that can
> continue: publickey,password"

Send me the session profile as found in
/home/bill/.x2goclient/sessions... Make sure you do not reveal secrets
when posting it to the list (IP addresses, ports, etc.).

> and it asks me to manually log in.  Well I can ssh to that machine
> with no password fine, as I have the ssh public key in
> authorized_users.

You have to specify the SSH explicitly in the session profile...

>> and please study
>> http://wiki.x2go.org
>>
>> Most of it is explained there...
>
> I did, but nothing to do with my original question.  I want to build
> a menu entry to click directly to that machine, without the nuisance
> client.

Here is the man page...
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=blob_plain;f=.build_man2html/html/man1/x2goclient.1.html;hb=acdb1da43cb0d50655730f98e8bf1e6a4305b57d

What you are looking for is probably the --hide option in combination
with --session and a profile that use an ssh key.

Thanks,

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B