[X2go-User] x2goclient version bumping -> 3.99.0.0

Daniel Lindgren bd.dali at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:26:59 CEST 2011

Hi *,

2011/7/21 Daniel Lindgren <bd.dali at gmail.com>:

> I can confirm that 3.0.99 on W7 x64 won't connect. I have server
> version 3.0.99.5 installed.
>
> Only 3.01-13 works on W7 x64. If I interpreted the changelogs
> correctly, 13 is the last version that didn't use libssh, I'm guessing
> that the problem in later versions are related to libssh.

I've finally had success connecting using a client newer than 3.01-13 on W7 x64.

I installed a clean W7 x64 in a virtual machine and 3.99.0.0 worked.
After that I uninstalled x2goclient and pyhoca-gui from my primary W7
x64 client, manually cleaned all traces of x2go/ssh/vcxsrv from the
registry and user profile, deinstalled Symantec Endpoint Protection,
disabled Windows Firewall and installed 3.99.0.0 ... and it works!

Not sure what's the root cause of the problems, I'm a little
suspicious of Symantec Endpoint Protection. Will do some more testing
to see if I can figure it out.

Cheers,
Daniel