[X2go-User] [X2go-Dev] x2goclient version bumping -> 3.99.0.0

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Thu Jul 21 19:56:40 CEST 2011

Oops! I forgot one and the original was sent twice for some reason! I'll
resend the original with the added item to keep it all in once place -
John

On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 16:48 +0200, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> today I had a chat with Alex about x2goclient, the versioning, the
> next major version (Baikal) of x2goclient, etc.
>
>    o we have bumped the version to 3.99.0.0 in Git
>    o the next major stable release will be 4.0.0.0 (x2goclient/Baikal)
>    o Oleksandr will build a Windows x2goclient with that same version number
>
> Packages for Debian are building currently, they will enter the
> nightly builds repos as well as the ,,main'' repos.
>
> Please go ahead and test these new versions, please. Report issues to
> the x2go-dev mailing list, so that we get as many issues fixed before
> calling the thing 4.0.0.0.
>
> Greets,
> Mike
<snip>
Thanks, team.  Delighted to have the new version. For any who have been
used to installing vcxsrv separately, it looks like it is the embedded X
server now rather than Xming so a separate installation is not
necessary.  vcxsrv released 1.10.3.1 just this past Monday so we may
want to update that for 4.0.  So far, I've only tested with the included
vcxsrv.

I've been heavily testing the Windows client from XP for several hours
now and there are a number of issues - some Windows specific, some not.
I'm running against two different X2Go servers - one running 3.0.1-5 and
the other 3.99  I'll enumerate them here and then spawn a separate email
for each one.

1) Very serious issues with image packing
2) Alt tab not working as expected in full screen
3) Multiple X2goclient instances fail
4) General sluggishness
5) Task bar icon does not disappear on close
6) Miscellaneous - not necessarily X2Go
7) Clean up of old installations
8) Return from full screen mode not working