[X2go-User] x2go und gpg-agent - no decryption of emails via kmail possible

Stefan lists at nosolution.doesntexist.org
Fri Jul 15 10:11:10 CEST 2011

Hi all,

using x2goclient 3.0.99 on debian squeeze (client and server) together with
kmail I run into a problem decrypting emails via gnupg.

Unlike as with a Xserver-Session there seems not to be a startscript for gpg-
agent in x2goserver. But if I start gpg-agent by hand using command

	"gpg-agent --daemon"

still kmail can't decrypt emails. Starting the gpg-agent with the same command
on a xsession initiated with "X -query SERVER" it works.

One possible reason I guess in wrong environment variables for $DISPLAY - so
the pinentry-qt4 gui (or any other pinentry-gui) could not start. So kmail
ends up in "wrong passphrase".

This problem allready went up in x2go on debian lenny. But the old kmail on
lenny brought it's own frontend for decrypting mails without gpg-agent as a
fallback - so it was at least possible to read encrypted emails - even if you
had to submit your passphrase on every email again (because it's only
remembered through gpg-agent).

Any Ideas?

Regards
Stefan