[X2go-User] Mac client 'Can't connect to X-Server

Neil Hunt nwhunt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 14:24:03 CEST 2011

Paul,

Unfortunately as a regular user of the Mac X2go client, this is something
I've seen many times. Unfortunately, I haven't found any fix for it. The
good news is that it rarely happens if you keep the X11 application open.
Always open X11 before starting your X2go session. From there, you can
stop/start X2go sessions, even the X2go client itself, however I almost
always keep my X11 app running even when it's not being uses and then I
don't get the problem you are describing. If I quit X11, especially if it's
accidental during an active X2go session, then I end up with the problem you
are describing and the only option is to restart the whole computer. But if
I keep it open, I go for days or weeks without rebooting.

Ultimately, I think we should look to move to the PyHoca gui, but we haven't
been able to find any serious python developers to port it to OS X.

Neil