[X2go-user] x2goclient as normal user fail

Zbyszek Tokarczyk ztokarczyk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 18:52:15 CET 2011

Hello,
I was hoping to jump from freeNX to x2go remote desktop for my Arch
and Ubuntu based machines. But I have some problems connecting to x2go
service as normal user.

For a test drive I have installed x2goserver-one on Arch based server,
and x2goclient on my Arch notebook.
The server is working fine as I can ssh to it without any problems. I
can even connect to x2goserver when the client is run with root
priviliges (sudo x2goclient). Unfortunately running x2goclient and
trying to connect to server with my normal priviliges (of course with
same session configuration as from root) fails:
- main x2goclient window does show connecting status after giving
login creditials, and all buttons are greyed out
- the remote desktop window does not show up at all

On both occasions I'm connectiong with same creditials. I'm not using
any userdefined configuration files, so both root and my user share
same ssh configuration.
On console the only difference is that on root account there is line
saying that nxproxy is starting, which is not showing on normal
account.

If any detailed information is needed, just let me know how to get it
and I'm going to send it to You.
I really hope that we can solve this strange problem together.
_________
BR Zbyszek