[X2go-User] New user unable to connect from x2goclient on thin client

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sat Dec 17 22:20:10 CET 2011

Hi Jean,

On Sa 17 Dez 2011 07:23:15 CET Jean Gottschalk wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been using freenx for a few years, and have been looking for
> something better since freenx is no longer maintained and sound support is
> shaky. I was very glad to find the x2go project, specially since it works
> exactly like I imagine with diskless thin clients (I have to use USB sticks
> to boot my current clients for freenx).
>
> Anyway, after being somewhat confused by the outdated info and repositories
> listed on x2go.org, I found the wiki and was able to install x2goserver
> (onto Ubuntu  ) and configure a PXE thin client environment. To my
> surprise, the thin clients booted on the first attempt and x2goclient came
> up, which was very unexpected!
>
> Now I have the following problem:
> - I can login without problem from a windows x2goclient onto my ubuntu
> x2goserver
> - however any attempt to login from the pxe booted thin clients fails.
>
> The client displays (after starting nxproxy 3.5)
> Connecting to remote host 'localhost:33001'
> And then
> Connection timeout aborting
>
> On the server I find these logs:
>
> /usr/bin/x2goagent: line 1: -e: command not found
>
> NXAGENT - Version 3.4.0
>
> Copyright (C) 2001, 2007 NoMachine.
> See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.
>
> Info: Agent running with pid '24505'.
> Session: Starting session at 'Fri Dec 16 22:11:43 2011'.
> Info: Proxy running in server mode with pid '24505'.
> Info: Waiting for connection from 'localhost' on port '30001'.
> Info: Aborting the procedure due to signal '1'.
> Error: Aborting session with 'X2goagent: Unable to open display
> 'nx/nx,options=/home/jean/.x2go/C-jean-50-1324102301_stDGNOME_dp24/options:50''.
> Session: Aborting session at 'Fri Dec 16 22:12:15 2011'.
> Session: Session aborted at 'Fri Dec 16 22:12:15 2011'.
>
> I understand that there is some kind of callback procedure whereby the
> client connects to the server, and then the server connects back to the
> client, and this seems to be failing. I do not know how else to proceed.
>
> In addition to version 3.99.0.2 of x2goclient and x2goplugin (which was the
> one installed by default in the chroot environment), I also tried version
> 3.99.0.3 from the unstable repository, and an older 3.01-21, all with no
> luck.

I am wondering if your problem is on the server side. It seems like
you are using a very outdate x2goagent version.

If possible for you, please test our (still not final) new build of
libnx. So, on the server, please install from

deb http://packages.x2go.org/debian squeeze heuler

Greets,

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B