[X2go-User] X2Go problem

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Aug 31 09:53:28 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 31 August 2011 09:12:55 Christopher Stark wrote:
> I've installed x2go on both my client pc (Kanotix/Debian Stable) and my
> server (salineOS / Debian stable)
> I configured my router with a dyn-dns adress and a port forwarding to my
> server but cannot login with remote from my client PC.
> When I try x2go freezes or I get this message:
>
> *Host key for server changed.*
>
> *It is now: 4c:53:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*
>
> *For security reasons, connection will be stopped*
> It has worked before but now it doesn't anymore. I reinstalled the Linux
> on my server maybe this is the reason?
> Could anybody here help me with that problem?

Re-installing your server is the same as redoing the servers ssh-key. And as a
changing ssh-key of the server could mean that your connection is intercepted
by a man-in-the-middle, ssh stops working at that step and shows you some
hints what you might do to correct it.
Please use ssh from a terminal (konsole, xterm, whatever) and watch the output
when connecting to your server. Then follow whats written there.

What does ssh have to do with your x2go-problem? ssh is what is happening on
the transport-layer below the nx/x2go-protocols to create a secure and trusted
connection.

Have fun,

Arnold