[X2go-User] Local share appears as a text file in $HOME/Desktop - cluttering the desktop

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at volny.cz
Sun Aug 14 20:32:48 CEST 2011

V Sun, 14 Aug 2011 19:50:01 +0200
Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> napsáno:

> Hi Milan,

Hello Mike,

> On So 14 Aug 2011 19:31:44 CEST Milan Knížek wrote:
>
> > (I use PCmanFM in LXDE on Arch linux for managing the Desktop and
> > that file is just displayed as any other ordinary text file.)
>
> There used to be a project called ,,x2golxdebindings'' that
> addressed your reported issue. However, after closer introspection, I
> discovered that this project adds some files that
> the ,,x2gognomebindings'' package also adds to a system.
>
> I have a fix for this on my list, but it lacks priority.
>
> However, I will add the current status of the x2golxdebindings
> project to our Git site, though it conflicts with x2gognomebindings
> currently.

Okay, no need to hurry.

It might be helpful if the lxde|kde|gnome bindings can be checked for
availability on runtime and should it not be the case, the "link" on
the desktop would not be created at all.

Also, I briefly searched the scripts and if I understand it correctly,
the location of the "link" is hardcoded to "$HOME/Desktop", which would
probably fail in case of localised or customised environments. I think
that XDG [1] handles that.

[1] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-user-dirs

Regards,
Milan

--
http://www.milan-knizek.net/
About linux and photography (Czech only)