[X2go-User] Problems setting print system in x2go

Mario OROZ mario.oroz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 20:45:01 CEST 2011

El 03/08/2011 12:18 p.m., Ted Barnes escribió:
> HI Mario:
>
> How are you?  I'm writing in regard to the x2go printing conversation you were having with John Sullivan on:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/x2go-user@lists.berlios.de/msg00108.html
>
> I've written him, gotten some helpful suggestions (e.g., putting in debug statements), but he couldn't remember exactly how it had been solved.
>
> By any chance do you recall if you figured it out and could that share that with me?  I can reproduce your discussion exactly - i.e., when I try to print from an Ubuntu server running x2goprint nothing comes out on the Windows client side...when I used his "mount" command suggestion, I get a mount like you described.
>
> Some "output" files do show up in the server (not what I print per se some files with the job #'s) in the root directory, and when I tried the things you suggested with x.txt and .ready I got the same results including nothing happening on the XP client side.  I think there's some sort of problem using the mount point in tmp (maybe a permissions issue?)....
>
> John thought maybe the script wasn't marked as executable (though he said first his recollection was foggy).
>
> If you would and have a chance, please let me know if you can shed any light on this!  Thanks and
>

> Best,
>
> Ted

Hello Ted;

What I did was, while connected to the remote desktop x, with a user belonging
to the group x2gousers (and / or group x2gouser, documentation is ambiguous!) I
created a couple of files in the directory that appears when you run the mount
command (mentioned by John in the other thread on the list),  a pdf file (/ tmp
/ [remote user's spool directory] / x.pdf) and another named x.pdf.ready (/ tmp
/ [remote user's spool directory] / x.pdf.ready). Immediately a window appears
asking, in the client PC, howprint the file received! That's all, so no problems
with the client side, in x2goclient for windows.

I do not think the problem is in mounting the user's spool directory.
There may be a permissions issue, related to the user x2goprint, which the
documentation is added to the file / etc / sudoers, but in the installation on
Debian systems is never created.

The questionis; to make a debugging or rewriting the scripts cups-x2go and
x2go2print (the latter is called by cups-x2go),
Having clear which is the road that runs when selecting a printer in cups, the
files involved in a print job, directories involved in tehe print job, and what
the directory structure that handles x2goserver when a particular user is
connected, you could have more knowledge what does the scripts mentioned.
I mean the specification of the operation of printing on x2go instalation.

Maybe we can find this information on the development list?

And know some Perl! :-)

regards
Mario.