[X2go-User] Problems setting print system in x2go

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Tue Aug 2 20:20:37 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-02 at 15:12 -0300, Mario OROZ wrote:
> El 02/08/2011 02:37 p.m., John A. Sullivan III escribió:
> > On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 16:49 -0300, Mario OROZ wrote:
> >> Hello, I'm new to the list.
> >> I use a server x2go on a Debian 6.0 with Windows XP clients.
> >> I do not understand how to set the printing to print on printers on the client side.
> >> I installed cups-x2go, and created a printer with cups cups-driver that provides
> >> x2go.
> >> I installed cups-x2go, and created a printer using the driver that provides
> >> cups-x2go.
> >> On the client windows, menu Option / Settings / Printing tab is checked the
> >> "Show this dialog Before start printing"
> >>
> >> Can anyone tell me of some howto or explain how to configure the local client
> >> printing from the server windows x2go
> >>
> >> Already, thanks
> > <snip>
> > Hi, Mario.  Could you be a bit more detailed about where you are finding
> > the problem.  When you print from your X2Go desktop to the X2Go printer,
> > what happens? Thanks - John
> >

> When I try to print from the client x2go desktop to the x2go printer nothings
> happens!
> The print job is queued in the spool of the x2go printer (cups
> server), nothings happens from the client side!
>
> What I need is to understand how to configure the printing system, on both the
> client
> and the server side, to achieve redirect the print jobs on the server side to
> client's local printer.
> I saw no documentation on this configuration.
>
> This is achievable with the current version of x2goserver/x2goprint/cups-x2go?
>
> Since then, thanks for your answer
<snip>
Is the cups server running on the X2Go server? If not, I believe it
needs the ability to SSH to it to transfer the file.

The printing is also dependent upon sshfs working properly.  This should
be relatively automagic assuming it is not being blocked by Windows.

On the X2Go server side, if you issue a mount command, do you see a
print spool directory, e.g.,
sshuser at 127.0.0.1:/cygdrive/C/DOCUME~1/MYID~1/X2GO~1/S-9270~1/spool
on /tmp/spool_myid/myid-63-1312305869_stDKDE_dp32 type fuse.sshfs
(rw,nosuid,nodev,max_read=65536,user=myid)