[X2go-user] Hooking Up To A Running X-Session

Axel Klein nospamforaxel-1 at yahoo.de
Tue Apr 12 19:23:48 CEST 2011

Hi Mike,

My usecases are:

1) I am working on computer A. Then I change room and want to continue
working from computer B on the desktop of computer A. So that would be
your case (a).

2) I am working on computer A. I want to show some results on my screen
to my colleague in the U.S. or in the next cubical, in any case in the
same network. I think that would be exactly your case (b).

Summarized you described exactly my usecases.
Now the interesting question: How can I do that?
Did I overlook something in the Wiki or is there another documentation?

Thank you for your patience.
Best regards
Axel

Hi Axel,

x2godesktopsharing can be used to

    (a) view and use (full access) your own desktop session from two or more
        locations
    (b) to view someone else's desktop session (view-only mode)

As your former posting did not hint to any of the above use cases, I
suggest you describe what you want to do with X2go more precisely.
There will definitely be a solution for your needs, but I need more
details to help.

Greets,