[X2go-user] Starting multiple sessions

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Tue Oct 19 15:29:18 CEST 2010

John Williams schreef:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Mike Gabriel
> <m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
>> Yes, currently this is the expected behaviour. I remember there was
>> something about multi-session support mentioned in another posting ages ago
>> on the x2go-dev list, but I am not sure at what position the feature
>> currently is on Heinz's and Alex's todo list.
>>

> Okay, thanks for the response.
>
> One other difficulty I have been having with multiple sessions is
> figuring out which X2Go-client instance corresponds with which
> X2Go-window instance. This is important when terminating a session,
> since I do not want to terminate the wrong one!

I would say: Close the session before you close X2goclient. Don't
terminate a X2go client with status "running".

> The problem is that I do not see the session name anywhere, not in the
> program window, and not in the session window. Am I missing something?

You can see the server and the username when there is a connection.
And a SessionID. And a CreationTime.

> Is there any way for a user to make the session name show up? It could
> even be pre-pended to the session ID. Anything so I don't have to
> carefully compare the 10-digit session ID number between the session
> window and the X2go program window!
>
> I am coming from nomachine NX-client, where you just clicked the close
> button on the window and it asked whether you wanted to suspend or
> terminate, which was convenient. Since I am new to x2go, it is
> possible that I am missing something with x2go that would make it
> equally convenient.

X2go just closes the session.

I also don't know a nice way to suspend a session other then using the
client-window. Normally I don't suspend sessions. Maybe somebody else
knows a way.

When you are using a PGP-card as authentication, the session is
suspended when you remove the card.

> By the way, I am using the Windows x2go client, v3.01-13

I am talking about the Linux client. No idea if there is much
difference, because I have never used the Windows client.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/