[X2go-user] Starting multiple sessions

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Oct 15 21:25:30 CEST 2010

Dear John,

On Fr 15 Okt 2010 17:23:32 CEST John Williams wrote:

> I have installed the x2goserver-home package on my linux server. Now I
> want to open multiple session windows to my server from my x2go
> client.
>
> I created two session profiles to my server, with the only difference
> being one of them is named "server1" and the other is named "server2".
> So, I open a session to server1, and then I try to click on the icon
> for server2, but nothing happens. Am I missing something?
>
> The only way I was able to open a second session was to run another
> instance of the x2go client, and then click on the server2 icon.
>
> Is this expected behavior? That I can only open 1 session per x2go
> client instance?

Yes, currently this is the expected behaviour. I remember there was
something about multi-session support mentioned in another posting
ages ago on the x2go-dev list, but I am not sure at what position the
feature currently is on Heinz's and Alex's todo list.

Greetings,

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de