[X2go-user] x2go integration with windows domain

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Oct 11 15:24:54 CEST 2010

Hi Benjamin,

On Mo 11 Okt 2010 13:54:08 CEST InboxMailinglist wrote:

> 1. No sound

> In the client version 3.01-2, there was an option in the sound section to
> deselect the default port, if we did that, we had sound through. But that
> option is not available in the 3.01-4 version.

> We have a firewall between the two networks, and have opened up tcp port 22
> for ssh

Make sure you tunnel everything (sound/folder shares) through SSH.
Then you only need a single ACCEPT rule for your X2goClient subnet to
the X2goServer IP on your X2goServer's SSH port (22 by default). Make
sure your client boxes (Windows) individually allow incoming
connections on localhost (e.g. depending on the amount of users the
TPC/IP ports 30000-30099). Check your Windows firewall on each client
for this.

> 2. Mount folder fails with the error:
>
>  .. Could not find "/temp/DOMAINuser_media/folder" Please check the spelling
>
> Please note the missing / between DOMAIN and user

As far as I know, likewise-open utilizes Samba/Winbind
(libnss-winbind) for Unix integration into an AD domain. If you just
have one AD domain, I recommend getting rid of the domain component in
libnss user names completely. Refer to the samba option

winbind use default domain = YOURDOMAIN

(see smb.conf for this).

Especially Samba's default winbind separator (a '\' backslash
character between domain and username) is not really handy for
deriving path names in X2go. If you do not want to get rid of the
domain string completely, you might want to modify the winbind
separator (see smb.conf, as well).

Just some ideas,

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de