[X2go-user] Flash animation brings x2go to a near halt

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Wed Dec 22 04:39:40 CET 2010

Full frame-rate video is one of the things that remote display
technologies are not very good at.  Imagine the volume of data that is
trying to be pushed across the wire.   What is needed is remote
technology that can query the client to see what GPU capabilities it has
and then switch over to just sending X damage objects to the client and
let the client perform the rendering using local hardware.  We're a long
way from there currently.

-Gerry