[X2go-user] New user -- Server not responding

Clark Johnson cjohnson at u.washington.edu
Fri Dec 10 00:50:21 CET 2010

Greetings:  We are new to the list  -- hoping to get some help getting things to work on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid

we have installed the server (per instructions) and a windows 32 client.

When attempt a login session we get the following error:

"Can't read host RSA key C:\cygwin\etc\ssh_host_rsa_key.pub"

The session information displayed in the client window is as follows:

NXPROXY - Version 3.0.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2007 NoMachine.

See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '62280'.

Session: Starting session at 'Thu Dec 9 15:40:38 2010'.

Info: Connecting to remote host 'localhost:30001'.

Info: Connection to remote proxy 'localhost:30001' established.

Warning: Connected to remote version 3.4.0 with local version 3.0.0.

Warning: Consider checking http://www.nomachine.com/ for updates.

Info: Connection with remote proxy completed.

Warning: Unrecognized session type 'unix-kde-depth_32'. Assuming agent session.

Warning: Failed to read data from the X auth command.

Warning: Generating a fake cookie for X authentication.

Info: Using ADSL link parameters 512/24/1/0.

Info: Using cache parameters 4/4096KB/8192KB/8192KB.

Info: Using pack method '16m-jpeg-9' with session 'unix-kde-depth_32'.

Info: Using ZLIB data compression 1/1/32.

Info: Using ZLIB stream compression 4/4.

Info: No suitable cache file found.

Info: Forwarding X11 connections to display 'localhost:0'.

Session: Session started at 'Thu Dec 9 15:40:38 2010'.

Info: Established X server connection.

Info: Using shared memory parameters 0/0K.

I have a version of FreeNX loaded on the Windows box.  The FreeNX client is version 3.4.0-10.

When installing the x2go client on the Windows box we retained the existing CYGWIN installation.  This installation is rather old - perhaps it is not consistent with the expectations of the x2go app(?)

The session does in fact load - but the response times are very slow --  The app initially reports "Not Responding" but sometimes it will generate meaningful menus / responses.

Can someone help us figure this out?