[X2Go-Project] [X2Go-User] Attention: All X2Go Server Admins! Upcoming major X2Go (Server) Release

Bernd Schubert bs_lists at aakef.fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 23 12:30:27 CET 2018

Thank you! I already was about to ask when it is going to be released,
as it works so well!

I already switched to the ubuntu nightly builds when I noticed the QT
issues - these were not solved by the nightly builds, but I noticed that
the nightly builds were actually working *much* better than the stable
builds.

- With stable my taskbar icons often didn't get refreshed or disappeared
at all and I sometimes had to restart the window manager to get the
icons back. Solved in nightly builds (heuler) :)

- Xinerama just works perfectly now. In stable Xinerama didn't work well
with my dual screen setup and I typically disabled Xinerama. With heuler
it all works :)

With nightly/heuler I noticed one issue, though. I often switch between
full screen (sized on my two screens and just a normal window). If now
my keyboard layouts don't match (I have multiple german layouts
defined), the full screen key is not recognized. With stable, different
local and remote layouts were not an issue.

Thanks,
Bernd