[X2Go-Project] About X2Go Contribution

Orkun BALCI orkun.balci at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 23:01:59 CET 2016

Dear Sirs and Madams,

I am The Release, Repository and Package Manager of Pardus National
Operating System Distribution (http://www.pardus.org.tr) and we are
developing our own continous integration and build system. Pardus is mainly
a Debian distribution but we are maintaining packages from sources, and
from other  Linux based operating systems like RedHat. Our core development
group has a wide range of experiences like UNIX System Administration of
Cloud Computing (see http://www.truba.gov.tr/eng/), UNIX System
Administration of Grid Computing (see http://www.grid.org.tr/eng/),
Embedded Systems and Our National wide educational IT project named FATİH
(see http://fatihprojesi.meb.gov.tr/tr/english.php), Remote Mass Machine
Management (see http://liderahenk.org/ and
https://www.pardus.org.tr/web/projeler/lider-ahenk), and Identity
Management System (see https://www.pardus.org.tr/web/projeler/engerek).

We are using X2Go Project on our Terminal Server Systems, and we want to
spread it all over countrywide. I am the lead developer of terminal server
project. Now, we want to contribute to upstream, we want some new features
and we need a fully working X2Go server + session broker + LDAP system with
extra new features. We have a feature list of what we want to do and what
we will want to do. We want to work in collaboration and build X2Go
packages from the sources in X2Go git repositories. Moreover, we heavily
interested in contributing and developing X2Go core codes and integrate
directly into development. Upto now, we are making workarounds for X2Go
project and we are using them in our systems but it is now not enough and
we need to develop more on core components and core project. Now, I want to
be the man directly contacting with you and one of the official open source
developers of X2Go project.

We are waiting for your response.

Best Regards,
Orkun BALCI