[X2Go-Project] Bug#751: Bug#751: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#751: new DebBugs scripts: mbox / cleanbug

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Mon Feb 29 10:35:30 CET 2016

Am 29.02.2016 um 06:06 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
> On  Mo 29 Feb 2016 05:27:45 CET, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
>
>> On 26.02.2016 04:17 PM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>>> It never was an automated process and it possibly should be. But you
>>> don't want to open the complete x2go-dev ML for arbitrary posting...
>>
>> I think I do - partly. I'll have to check if mailman can pass-through
>> messages
>> based on specific headers. If it does, "whitelisting" "Resent-Sender:
>
> It can do white-listing.
>
>> owner at bugs.x2go.org" sounds like a good automation point. I don't expect
>> spammers to send this header. :)
>
> Yeah. Makes sense.

I would like to veto this, unless I'm misunderstanding something here.

FYI: The current situation is that I'm whitelisting all first-time
submitters manually, along with a GPG signed "ping" message telling them
to please subscribe to the list.

While most of the spam indeed goes to x2go-*, there are spam messages
targeted at <bugnumber>@bugs.x2go.org.
These clog our BTS, and, if I'm understanding your suggestion correctly,
would also hit x2go-dev - along with any malware attachments they may
have, as those messages get auto-forwarded from
<bugnumber>@bugs.x2go.org to x2go-dev.

So, automatic whitelisting, while it would be a huge time-saver for me,
is out of the question, for sanity, safety and security reasons.

If I misunderstood your suggestion, please point out my errors to me.

-Stefan

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur