[X2Go-Project] [X2Go-User] Upcoming Deprecation of EOL Distributions

Robert Dinse nanook at eskimo.com
Sun Aug 21 20:54:12 CEST 2016

      Since Launchpad is taking care of it then why worry about it.

      I am having problems with x2go on 16.04.1 LTS that were not a problem
on 15.10.  When I connect using display 1, x2go locally takes over my whole
display BUT only draws a tiny window for the remote site in the upper left
corner.

      If I try to use System -> Preferences -> Hardware -> Displays to change
the resolution to the 1680x1050 of my local screen it says "Could Not Get
Scren Information, RANDR extension is too old, must be at least 1.3", but
if I do xrandr -v it tells me randr program version 1.5 but server reports
randr version 1.2.

      My present work around is to type:

 	xrandr -s 1680x1050

      Every time I login but that is kind of a pain in the arse.

    Knowledgeable human assistance, not telephone trees or script readers.