[X2Go-Project] X2Go Talk @Tuebix

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue May 19 10:28:06 CEST 2015

Hi Heinz,

I give short answers inline...

On  Di 19 Mai 2015 07:25:50 CEST, Heinz-M. Graesing wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> there will be a X2Go workshop on the Tuebix event on June 13th.
>
> http://www.tuebix.org/programm/baur_graesing-x2go/
>
> It would be nice if you can help me with a little abstract about
> x2gobroker with some helpful informations like:
>
> * Version dependencies (clients / broker)

There are no know version dependencies. The broker has some tweaks
inside to compensate some weird behaviours in X2Go Client and/or X2Go
Server. The broker requires a certain X2Go Server version (as seen in
debian/control or x2gobroker.spec).

Same applies to Python X2Go.

But: I am not saying that there are no dependency problems, it's just
that I have tried fixing / working around, whenever I stumbled into
one (like today, about lower/upper case desktop session commands).

> * Best practise setup

Start with a default installation and expand from there. It is
sensible not to configure all features (autologin, broker agent,
multi-server, etc.) at once, but install the system in steps, verify
that things work with every step, be happy in the end.

The steps, I can provide after June 2nd.

> * Debugging

The x2gobroker-daemon package ships /usr/sbin/x2gobroker-daemon-debug.
Run this script in foreground (and stop the background
x2gobroker-daemon prior to that) and it should provide all information
needed. If not, go into the Python code and add more debug output.

Additionally, you can run x2goclient with --debug or pyhoca-gui with
--libdebug to obtain more info about what the client makes out of the
information provided by the session broker.

> I'll use these wiki pages for a demo and explanation:
>
> http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:advanced:x2gobroker:howitworks?s[]=broker
>
> http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:installation:x2gobroker?s[]=broker

I can proof-read / improve / etc. things after the 2nd of June (some
exam I need to pass on that date...), but not before.

If by that time help is still needed by then, please ping me again.

Thanks,

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31