[X2Go-Project] [X2Go-User] Plan to drop Mac OS X 10.6 support

nanook at eskimo.com nanook at eskimo.com
Wed May 13 03:17:20 CEST 2015

     I don't know if you make a power PC Mac build, but power PC Mac's
can't upgrade past 10.5, and the early Intel Mac's like the PowerMac 1,1
can't upgrade past 10.7 officially.  Unofficially it's possible by flashing
the bios, using a special boot loader that translates 64-bit bios calls
into the 32-bit bios the machine has, and a newer video card but that is
totally unsupported by Apple.  So no support for 10.5 will leave the
PPC Mac folks out and 10.7 will leave the early Intel Mac's out unless they
want to do like I did and load Linux on their Mac (which is a huge
performance win).